Select Page

An experienced nurse attorney has surely helped a lot of RNs and LVNs when it comes to cases that may lead to disciplinary action. Unfortunately, not all nurses were able to hire a nurse attorney as they underwent such cases. This incident that an RN committed in 2014 was one of those examples.

The LVN from Dallas was charged with felony injury to a child on April 8, 2015. Investigators believe the LVN used a feeding tube to introduce high levels of liquid sodium into her daughter’s system in the summer of 2013.

According to court documents, the child was admitted to the hospital at least five times with high sodium levels from March to August 2013.

On Aug. 6, the child returned to the hospital unconscious and suffering from hypovolemic shock from extremely high sodium levels a day after being discharged from the hospital.

As a result of the high sodium levels, the child suffered a brain injury. The child recovered after treatment that included three days in an intensive care unit.

At that time, a pediatric child abuse specialist took an interest in the case and alerted authorities. The child was taken into CPS custody and has been staying with a new caretaker since Sept. 2013.

He also said there is no indication that other children were hurt and no evidence that another one of the girl’s parents was involved in poisoning her.

The Texas Board of Nursing has full jurisdiction over all cases regarding errors committed by an RN or LVN. Thus, she was called by the Board to defend against the case.

The following incident and defense against the case caused the Texas Board of Nursing to place the LVN and her license into disciplinary proceedings. She would have sought assistance from a good nurse attorney to provide clarifications towards the case.

If you’ve ever done any errors during your shift as an RN or LVN, and you wish to preserve your career and your license, an experienced nurse attorney is what you need. Nurse Attorney Yong J. An, an experienced nurse lawyer for various licensing cases for 16 years, can assist you by contacting him at (832) 428-5679.